Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ehren Writes A Romance Column

Ah, the internet: supplier of porn, haven of child-molesters, and purveyor of useless information. Clearly, the fact that I work for an internet company has done little to improve my opinion of the online world.

Among the more worthless features provided by my company is a “Romantic Tip of the Day” section. Said tip isn’t actually written by anyone in company. In fact, no one seems to know WHO wrote this mind-numbing schlock, because it’s set on a constant, year-long loop that first appeared 6 years ago. That’s right. It’s only a “daily tip” if you’re permanently living in the year 1974.

Some of you might wonder why I said 1974 instead of 2001. All my entries were actually penned in the ‘70s and have been repeated ever since. Hey, like Travolta, I know my career will never die.

Anyway, a sample of this daily load of shit is:

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 2 years now and sometimes it is hard to find a new fun ways to surprise each other. So, I decided that instead of waiting for the next holiday to spoil him, I would create my own holiday--in his honor. I called it Appreciation Day. The entire day was filled with fun surprises to let him know that I truly appreciate his love and friendship! Needless to say, by the end of the day, I think I eventually got my point across!

I hope God strikes their genitals with warts the size of basketball.

At any rate, there was recently a panic because the feature wasn’t updating. And some of my co-workers joked that I should take up the mantle of supplying romance to fat people in Ohio. Hey, that’s what they make duct-tape and blindfolds for. Here’s a taste of what an “Ehren’s Romance Tip” column would look like:
  • Take a day to finally fulfill her rape-fantasy! Or better yet, hire a friend, co-worker, or felon and make it a day she’ll never forget!
  • Nothing says “I love you” like a swarm of locusts. In his car.
  • Above all, women value commitment from the men in their lives. Make a statement by getting closer to her family. Have sex with her sister. Her 6th grade classmates will think she’s “sophisticated.”
  • Some men find prostate-stimulation arousing. Surprise your lover tonight with chloroform and a 12 inch black rubber dildo!
  • Spice things up in the bedroom tonight with a little adventure and competition: last one to orgasm has to fuck that crazy, knife-wielding hobo that lives under the over-pass.

I really missed my true calling in life. Of course, maybe it’s for the best. People who get romantic tips online should never breed anyway.
free webpage hit counter

4 comments:

Fantasy Writer Guy said...

Can I subscribe to your romantic-tip-of-the-day and get it in my inbox each morning? In fact I think I'll sign up all my coworkers too.

Unknown said...

I love it, you're like the male version of me when I'm not being all emo. >< Embrace the anger, grrr!

jbwritergirl said...

Hey Ehren,
Long time I know. Appreciation day sounds kind of...well...fun! I'm back only live. Come by and check it out.
JB

Anonymous said...

Actually, whoever wrote these daily tips should be the one that never breeds. I mean seriously, WTF? Appreciation Day?