Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Must See T.V.

I love Spanish television. American TV has somehow lost its way down a dead-end of plot, dialogue and production values. I’ve really no idea what the hell they were thinking with that. Spanish entertainment cuts through all that garbage and gets right to what the small screen is really about: unbelievably hot women parading around in sexy outfits, 24 hours a day.

I’m serious, watch a Spanish station for 30 seconds. It’s guaranteed that in that time they will show the most attractive woman you’ve ever seen. I really don’t know how they do it. It doesn’t matter if it’s a soap opera, kids show, news desk, or soft drink commercial. It’s as if these stations have access to some special planet exclusively inhabited by females with perfect breasts.

I’m not sure why the U.S. hasn’t caught on to this. Why the fuck would I care about anything a bunch of washed up actresses and no talent comics have to say? Balls to that! I’m living proof that everyone does NOT love Raymond. Ray Romano can kiss my white ass.

Sure we have still have the monopoly on cartoons. I’ve been closely watching the progression of animated TV. Basically, it’s gone from kids programming to adult shows, to pushing the envelope on what can be shown or said on the air. I think I know where animated shows have to go next: HBO. We need a full-on anything-goes cartoon: cursing, nudity, graphic violence—all those things that American Entertainment does better than anyone else.

I know what a lot of people are going to tell me: they already have that! It’s called Anime. Listen, I don’t know what passes for entertainment in Japan, but those ass-wipe cartoons they’re shipping here aren’t going to cut it. I’m talking about a cartoon that actually has a plot.

I’ve never encountered a Japanese show that didn’t require a ten minute explanation by a diehard fanatic of the show in order for ANYTHING to be even sort of coherent. If you’re not watching with someone who’s been memorizing episodes for ten years, you’re essentially just watching stabbings set to epileptic color-changes and nonsensical screaming.

Why can’t the Japanese learn from the Spanish stations? I don’t even SPEAK Spanish, and I find it more enjoyable than anything on the major networks. Some would say that this is proof of how shallow I am. I like to think it’s a tribute to how well Telemundo does game shows. It’s programming that truly transcends language barriers. And soon it won’t even have to do that.

I strongly believe that this news story signals the end of all American Broadcasting with the possible exception of Sports Center (who the hell wants to watch Soccer highlights all day?). Today it’s our television, tomorrow it’s our government. Hey as long they bring their women, I’m ready to start wearing sombreros and riding a burro to work. Vive la revolution! Vive los television! Vive las tetas!
free webpage hit counter

5 comments:

Lola said...

Perhaps the reason that they don't do this kind of show in Japan is because most women weigh about 10 lbs and have no breasts. Perhaps you should get involved in getting this kind of program in Japan. Millions of men will thank you.

As for anime, I don't ever try to explain or even understand it (even though I know the language) because it is a fantasy world. In Japan, I believe that one of the reasons they have so much anime is because those are the only type of programns in which women actually have breasts.

As for the plots, I've been told that Japanese anime are more complex that cartoons in North America. These shows are for adults and not children. And if you are into the seedy stuff, there is enough kinky stuff out there to keep even the most hardcore fan in fantasies for years.

Anyway, I know what you mean about Spanish TV. We used to get TLN here on regular cable but it changed because of the soft porn dramas that were on on the weekends. It's a shame because now we have to pay for our porn.

By the way, the more I read this blog, the more I love it!

Erik Skelton said...

I wish I had the link still...but the other day I found an article explaining how Asian women were developing bigger breats due to the increasingly fatty diet...Will wonders never cease...horay McDonalds!

Lola said...

So that leads me to a question E...

If it's just fat that makes breasts large, how come all men out there aren't into women who weigh over 200 lbs?

I am not trying to be defensive, but as a woman with pretty decent sized breasts, I wonder what all the fuss is about. I'd be happy to lose the 10-15 that are my breasts because it's hard on my back. But then, I wouldn't get the attention I get now.

Any thoughts on this?

Eeeeekkk said...

Breasts are absolutely beyond any rationalization. I understand that in bed they've got almost no functionality...I realize this everytime I get a woman topless. But, typical male that I am, all this goes right out the window the second she puts a shirt back on.

I guess the only real comparison I could draw would be for a guy and his ass. I mean, girls have to know that whether your man has an amazing but or none at all, nothing's REALLY different in bed. They're just fun to look at and grab I guess.

Lola said...

Thanks for clearing that up...