This year, however, I’ve been commissioned to play a Halloween party, so I’m going to have to do something to get myself in the holiday spirit. This would be a lot easier if my band mates didn’t insist on terrible songs. Now, Halloween parties are expected to have a certain amount of “cheese” to them. But there’s a good chance I’ll hang myself before I play these fucking songs. We’re going to play a little game: I’ll list the songs and you try to see the difference in material.
Ehren Submitted:
Highway To Hell – AC/DC
Sympathy For The Devil – Rolling Stones
Zombie – The Cranberries
Superstitious – Stevie Wonder
Voodoo Chile – Hendrix
The Rest of the band has chosen:
On Broadway – George Benson
Hang On To Your Love – Sade
When the list was emailed to me, I told the singer, “Well I guess we know what our costumes are: a gay band. Maybe we can follow those songs off with something that rocks a little harder…maybe ‘Endless Love.’”
The worst part about this is I’m going to have to listen to these songs repeatedly over the next week or so, which means I’m going to have “Hang On To Your Love” stuck in my head for probably the next three months. This is how killing rampages happen.
On another Halloween related topic, I invited a girl to come to the party and, naturally, we began debating over what costumes we should wear. Finally, we settled on an angel and devil theme. Here’s where shit gets weird: now, she’s a very attractive lady (in fact, she was bragging about how great she looks just last week), but she kept picking the most boring costumes. So we entered a debate.
I suggested:

She countered with:
So I came down to:
I swear I don’t understand women at all. If I had tits like hers I’d never leave the house.
4 comments:
Your band needs to dress like Frankie Goes To Hollywood. Their suggestions are so bad!
He's so full of it...I've never bragged about myself in my life. Hence the not wanting to wear a costume that looks like something you'd see in Playboy.
Stevie Wonder, Superstitious? Ehren, yes please. Highway to Hell, another good choice.
Also, definitely let her dress the angel while you take care of the devil-thing. You've mentioned it on here before and it's true, most of us like our guys bad (read: rapist chic)--between Lucifer and an apostle of god, I'm bedding the red-guy, everytime.
Hon, did you or did you not tell me, "You thought I looked good before? I lost 20 pounds since we last hung out."
That's a quote.
Post a Comment